Thursday, July 15, 2010

Men

This is a write-up I had written some 18-20 months back. I couldnt help but read it again. Its a fun read, and very true :-)


Ever since I've been living in this hill station, I've been hearing clichéd words like, "The weather here is totally unpredictable and complicated like women". For the past year, however, I have come to the conclusion that it’s a wrong statement passed around from one eager mouth to another eager ear!!

What do women want? A boyfriend knows because she verbalizes it. What do men want? Nobody knows because he never talks about it. When he does talk about what he really wants from his partner, he says, “Sex is the topmost priority!” Then he lists loyalty, honesty and commitment. So far so good.

Where then is the problem? The problem starts when you are having a conversation and suddenly he gets up and walks out. Why? No answer from him… no accepting phone calls, no replying e-mails, and no meetings. It’s like suddenly an impenetrable wall is built in-between….Suddenly everything gets cold! It keeps her guessing, and worried (did he have an accident? Is he sick?), what happened, what did she say that she shouldn’t have? What was so colossal that it brought out a reaction like that from an otherwise loving and caring partner? What?

Just as suddenly he comes back, and the old camaraderie begins. Thus it goes on and on.

It’s been a guessing game played out in the past year or so, keeping me on my toes and my heart in my mouth! It’s like a cloud that comes and goes away without any fore-signs. There’s no point in speculation and retrospection, you’ll never get anywhere. I realized, it’s better to keep your mind locked up somewhere where men are concerned.

That is why, my dears, I say, men are as unpredictable as the Shillong weather!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment